COVID-19 Information: Given the unpredictability of COVID-19 and any subsequent border closures, the 2022 Block Day may be impacted and/or cancelled. For registrants affected, refunds will be provided for the Block Day portion of their course fee (in addition to the standard refund policy on the payment site). Should the Block Day be cancelled, a replacement online webinar may be offered for a small fee to all registered participants.
In addition to the Online Only course, the Block Day is included (additional fee applies).
The Perioperative Medicine Short course Block Day is a single day to interact with specialists in the field of perioperative medicine. We provide an opportunity to apply the knowledge gained in the online course to case studies and introduce other important areas in Perioperative Medicine.
We are delighted to welcome a very experienced faculty to provide high quality sessions.
All catering is provided including an on-site barista.
Please note that the Short Course Block Day is only open to consultants (proof will be required at the time of registration). However, consultants and trainees can enrol for the Online Only course of participation.
Saturday, 12 November 2022
8.00 AM to 5 PM (contact hours 7.35 hours)
Where is the day held?
The Block Day session will be held at the following location:Central Clinical School,
The Alfred Centre
99 Commercial Road
P:+61 (0)3 9903 0958
Please click here to view the Alfred Hospital Map. Please follow the red-dotted line in the map
Block Day Activities*
- Small Group Sessions
- Perioperative Diabetes - Prof. Dave Story
- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea – Professor Matthew Naughton / Dr. Glenn Downey
- Pre-operative Investigations – Dr. John Reeves
- Perioperative Anticoagulation / Transfusion - Dr. Amanda Davis
- Advance Care Planning in the Perioperative Period – Dr. Matthew Richardson
- Perioperative Care of the Elderly Patient - Dr. Margot Lodge
- Lecture plus panel Q&A
- Perioperative impact of COVID-19 - Dr Simon Hendel
- Perioperative Fluids: Where are we now? - Prof Paul Myles
What is included on the day?
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are included as well as an all-day complimentary barista.
- Parking and transport is NOT included.
*Please Note: Topics and speakers are subject to change. 2021/2020 Block Day Webinar timetable shown.
2022 Block Day timetable to be confirmed.
The Block Day is conducted over 9 hours from approximately 8 AM till 5 PM.
Students are divided into small groups (between 10 and 14) and rotate through the case studies.
Typically there are 6 rotations of approximately an hour each.