Why do the course
Surgical Patients are getting older and sicker and many clinicians caring for surgical patients are challenged by the growing complexity of these patients, particularly their perioperative management. Pre-admission clinics are responding, and perioperative medicine is becoming an emerging field and this course will address deficiencies in this area.
- Online Only course
- Online PLUS Block Day course (Consultants only)
- March Course: 21 March to 17 June 2022
- August Course: 15 August to 11 November 2022
- 13 week course (12 weeks of course modules and 1 week mid-course break).
- 12 course modules (one released each week).
- Each course module consists with a reading package, journal articles, short videos, podcasts and knowledge check sections or combinations.
- Course material is online with no face-to-face interaction with lecturers or course coordinators (unless consultants register for the single Block Day session).
- Allows for flexibility in work patterns – course modules can be viewed at own pace (once released) and at any time.
- Certificate of completion will be provided at the end of the course.
Online Only Course: 12 Course Modules (one released each week), 4 - 6 hours per week (on average)
Block Day contact hours: 7.35 hrs (if you select the Online PLUS Block Day course)